I thought it would be fun to do a little tag today, I’m not sure why but I think I just felt like answering some beauty related questions. I am not sure if I have done this tag before, I may have but who really knows. Also, I totally just googled this to find questions and have kind of cherry-picked, so this isn’t super proper. Let’s just dive in and answer some questions.
1. What are your top 3 make-up staples that you always have to wear?
A lip color of some sort, mascara and maybe a touch of concealer. I don’t really to minimal makeup, it’s usually all or nothing.
2. What is your favorite drugstore brand?
Nyx hands down. They are always coming out with new things, they are cruelty-free and the products are usually pretty good.
3. Smoky eyes or a strong lip?
A strong lip for sure, not the biggest smoky eye fan.
4. What is your skincare routine?
It’s very basic, I use a face wash, toner, a serum, and a moisturizer regularly. I sometimes use a face mask and sheet masks, I don’t use them as much as I probably should because I forget and am lazy.
5. Do you prefer liquid lipstick or regular lipstick?
I think I prefer regular lipsticks but I do adore liquid lipsticks still too, I just really love lip products.
6. What is your favorite lip shade to wear?
Mauve, hands down I seriously love mauve lipsticks, they just look amazing with everything and are so easy for me to wear.
7. First make-up item you ever bought?
I have no idea, I can’t really remember but I am sure it was some sort of lip gloss or chapstick that smelled like food.
8. What brands do you trust to last a long day out & about?
It really depends on the product, I don’t really know any brand where everything lasts all day. Although I do know that all of the Beauty Bakerie products I have tried last all day, so that might be my pick for this question.
9. Do you save or splurge when it comes to beauty brands?
Both? I like to try both ends of products, though I don’t really truly splurge that often, like with truly high-end things like Dior or YSL.
10. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Mostly straight but a little bit wavy and a lot bit frizzy, it’s an interesting mess.
11. What is your natural hair color?
Brown, it’s very boring and unexciting, you guys see it all the time and it’s just hair. It isn’t dark brown though but I am not sure I would call it light either.
12. Do you dye your hair? Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I haven’t died my hair in at least three years now, but I used to dye it all the time and usually, it was at home, so either I did it or my sister did. I kind of want to dye it again but I also don’t because I have grown my natural hair out and it took so long.
13. How often do you wash your hair?
Every other day typically, but sometimes less if I am feeling lazy.
14. How often do you change your nail polish?
Twice a week would probably be my average, sometimes less sometimes a little more, it just depends on how I am feeling.
15. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
While I paint my nails often I never paint my toenails. I don’t like people touching my feet, I am too lazy to paint them and also I think they look kind of weird so I just don’t really want to draw attention to them.
16. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
It depends on what I am doing, sometimes it could be as little as fifteen minutes or as long as an hour, it depends on if I just do a little or a lot.
17. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Almost always eyes.
18. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Not often, I have worn false lashes probably like five times but I have purchased some and I am determined to learn how to put them on properly and do them more.
19. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
No, I do not, I often don’t wear makeup because I am running behind. I am not often late, but I am often running behind and don’t have time to do my makeup.
20. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Sometimes. It’s more of a thing of I love playing around with makeup when I have free time and am home alone or home with my husband, so I do sometimes.
21. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes, I love makeup and playing with it but I don’t feel like I have to wear it, so I often go to work without makeup and sometimes just don’t wear it on the weekends either, it is all depending on how I am feeling.
22. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Probably once a week or every other week, I have enough brushes that I don’t feel the need to be constantly washing them but I try to keep up with keeping them clean.
23. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yeah, I keep a wishlist of products that I might be interested in.
24. How did you come up with your blog name?
I don’t really know and I almost regret it just because I feel like I don’t use enough glitter on here. But I think I just needed a name and this is what stuck, super not exciting or interesting.
25. Do you use highlighter?
Yes, I seriously love highlighter, it’s one of my favorite products.
26. Do you use different products in the summer and winter?
Yes, mostly because I have different color preferences and finish preference, plus like most other things it is all dependant on how I am feeling.
27. Would you let your partner do your makeup?
Yes, I know I have done this at least once before and it wasn’t too terrible surprisingly, he is really detail focused so he really tried to make it the best he could and also he didn’t try anything too crazy, so that helped.
28. What color of nail polish to enjoy wearing most?
Either pink, blue or like a mint green. Those are seriously some of my favorites, also glitter, does glitter count as a color? I think so. I think that is for sure where my sparkle comes through.
29. What kind of coverage do you prefer in a foundation?
I like a more medium coverage that feels lightweight and looks like skin, my skin by itself isn’t that bad so I don’t feel like I need full coverage too often.
30. Do you have a “beauty budget” or spend freely?
I spent freely for too long and I think that was a problem, so now I am on a budget, or at least I am trying to stick to a budget.
And that is the beauty blogger tag, I thought this was really fun and I really loved answering these questions. I am so curious about everyone elses answers to these questions, so feel free to do this tag if you are feeling up to it and make sure to tag me in it so I can read and like your post!
Are there other tags you think I should do?
Blog Posts You Might Also Enjoy: My First Time Tag! | Husband Styles Me | 100 Truths Blogger Tag