It is Taco Tuesday once again, my favorite day of every month, I’m always down for some tacos. Last month was all about the meatless and this month I am getting into some beef tacos, finally, I feel like it has taken me far too long to get this one on here. Now, all that’s really left is some fish tacos but that will be for another month. Let’s get into talk tacos.
I was going to do a really simple and classic kind of taco, but I really need to figure out my recipe before I do that so that is going onto the back burner for now, but I’m sure it’ll pop up sometime over the course of this series. Anyway, today is all about shredded beef so let’s get into the recipe
Before I do though, here is the original in case you don’t want to follow mine.
- 2 Pound Chuck Roast
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic
- 1/4 of Beef Broth
- 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 1 Jalapeno Diced
- 1/4 Cup of Lime Juice
- 1 Onion Diced
- Season beef with salt and pepper to taste then seer all sides of the beef on medium heat for about two minutes on each side. Then remove and set aside.
- Combine spices, garlic and beef stock.
- At tomato paste, lime juice and jalapeno into mix.
- Transfer beef into slow cooker and add onions as well.
- Pour the broth mixture over the beef and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred beef and coat with the juices, then serve with your choice of toppings.
And those are the tacos. I enjoyed them though they weren’t my favorite, I like heat but these really just seemed to taste a lot like heat and not much else. Well, spice and meat, it was still good just not in my top three.
Any taco suggestions for next month?