I have been saying that I was going to make these tacos for months now, I may not have mentioned them on here, I’m not really sure if I have or haven’t but I know I have mentioned it to my husband far too many times by now I’m sure. I have finally gotten around to it and this is my first meatless taco, I’m super excited and incase you missed out on last months Taco Tuesday check it out here. Anyway, let’s jump right on into this taco.
As per usual here is the recipe that I followed, so if you want to follow that one instead and skip over mine then feel free to.
Potato Taco Ingredients:
- Two large russet potatoes chopped into bite-size pieces.
- Two teaspoons of olive oil.
- Half a teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Half a teaspoon of paprika.
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Half a teaspoon of salt.
- One-quarter teaspoon of pepper.
- Corn Tortillas, I personally used flour because I always have them on hand.
- Optional toppings: Hot sauce, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro or whatever your heart desires.
- Chop potatoes, I personally peeled mine first, then add potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until tender, probably fifteen to twenty minutes. Drain potatoes once done cooking.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, spices and potatoes to the pan. Stir until all the potatoes are coated in the spices and then spread in an even layer. Let potatoes cook until crispy about 5 minutes and then flip and repeat.
- Now it’s time to assemble how you would like them and enjoy!
I personally added sour cream, cheese, hot sauce and eggs to mine. I thought about including the egg recipe to this post but I don’t really measure things when I make eggs so I thought it would be a little bit hard and not worth the effort. Also, I made myself a little brunch cocktail of Rose and cranberry juice, which was fabulous. I actually really enjoyed these tacos, they were simple but they were still really good.
Any taco suggestions for next month?