Hello! It is time for my second Taco Tuesday of the year, which I am very excited about. I am doing another chicken taco this month, this is the taco that really inspired it all, my husband and I were chatting and the conversation sprung from the idea of buffalo chicken tacos.
As per usual I am following a recipe I found on Pinterest, that’s where most things I cook come from and most things I bake. This recipe I am sharing today I have taken from two different recipes to mix it up a little, I used the chicken recipe from here and then the ‘slaw’ and sauce from here. So if you aren’t interested in seeing how I made them and just want to follow these recipes, there they are, but now to get into my take on buffalo chicken tacos.
We are going to start with the chicken, just because that was what I started with since it took longer. While it was in the oven I did work on the toppings for the tacos just because that made the most sense to me. But anyway, let’s focus on chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 450f, then grease a baking dish or sheet and set aside.
- Mix together 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Coat two chicken breasts in seasoning mixture.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and cook for 18 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow chicken to cool completely and then shred with two forks.
- While waiting for the chicken to cool, I started making the sauce. Place 4 ounce of softened, room temperature cream cheese, two tablespoons of butter and 1/2 cup of frank’s red hot sauce (or your choice of hot sauce) in a large pan and simmer of medium heat until the cream cheese has melted. Stir frequently.
- Place shredded chicken into the sauce, stir and serve.
Next up is the ‘slaw’ which I did not follow the recipe to very well, but I’ll still share with you.
- I simply used some matchstick carrots, some diced celery, and lettuce, mixed it all together with a little lime juice and some salt and pepper. And I called that done.
And lastly is the sauce that I used for these tacos from the second recipe.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1.5 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons diced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Milk as needed.
- And then just mix all of these things together and you are done.
And these are the finished tacos, they were pretty good but they weren’t everything that I wanted them to be if I am being honest. I think the biggest problem I had with these was the cream cheese, I didn’t think it would bother me but I found the buffalo sauce to be too creamy. So, I might try these again but for right now these are the taco of the month.
What kind of taco should I do next month?